Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here we are.

Well, friends, I am leaving for Malawi as a Peace Corps volunteer on September 25. It is, for those of you who might wonder, not exactly where I expected to land. But, in the words of the late great Mr. Vonnegut, "peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."** And I tend to find myself in agreement with Kurt, so we'll just see where this bus takes us.

Hopefully, I will have semi-regular internet access and can post pictures and stories and other bloggy items up here, so you can hear all about my adventures and not forget your LooBird.

Also, pretty soon I'll post up a snail mail address, in case you feel an urge to send me things. You know how I love things. Just be sure to mark it "Par Avion" or "Air Mail" or it will take even longer to get there.

And, of course, before I go, I would love to see you and say goodbye and hug a lot and all that. So, let's please do make that happen.


Loo

**That was the first and last cheesy quote you'll find on this blog. Promise. We don't want that stuff here. Except for the very next entry, which might also trend in that direction. Deal with it. And then dance like nobody's watching. Boom. I owe you three dollars.

1 comment: