Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Things you might send, if you want to send me things.

Annie’s Mac and Cheese (shells and white cheddar)

powdered drinks (not a huge fan, but apparently they make the water taste better)

chocolate

snack bars: I like Cliff, Luna, and SoyJoy

spices and flavor packets (and cheese!)

pictures of you

The Economist, New Yorker, or similar magazines

dried fruit or other delicious nonperishable items

NYT or WaPo crossword puzzles

movies

games

music

novels

A special note for my pork-minded readers: bacon is perishable, so don’t mail it. Also, I hate to say it, but bacon (in its kitschy forms) jumped the shark in late 2008 or maybe earlier. And, while I would never dain to abandon the occasional blissful moment of porcine excess, you don’t really need to send me that bacon-striped mumu or bakon vodka or whatever it is you just couldn’t resist. Seriously. Unless of course you were thinking of sending bacon butter toffee, which is just simply and undeniably delicious.

2 comments:

  1. If I don't run into you before you leave, have a safe trip! Hope you can update your blog once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to tell me that you hate the bacon band-aids we got you?!
    (from saza actually, why can't I post unless I have a gmail account?!)

    ReplyDelete